January Lawn Care Tips
The prospect of heading out into your garden in January is not favoured by many. With the end of the Christmas and New Year Holiday as distant memory, we all get back in our stride and 'normal routines'.
The grass will not stop growing, merely slow down so do not be shy to get the lawn mower out to lightly trim the grass on a high setting if ground conditions permit. Do not mow the lawn when it is frosty.
Your garden has probably been a bit neglected over the past month and now is the time to pop your bobble hat on and get outside to see what you can do to your garden and lawn to lift their spirit and most importantly visual appearance:
- Rake up any autumn leaf and twig debris
- Trim any lawn edges
- Send the mower away for a service
- Take a hard look at your lawn and do some future planning
- Control any lawn worm casts with CastClear
- Apply some Soluble Iron to add colour and contrl any moss
- Do some winter weed control on driveways and paths with a residual or translocated weed killer. Now is the time to apply Weedol Pathclear and other brands, when the soil is cold. Use Indigo Garden Spray Dye in your Sprayer to help you see where you have sprayed
- Tidy the garage or shed
- Order you lawn care products for Spring
- Aerate the lawn
If the weather is against you, choose where you are heading for your Easter break instead in front of the fire!